- Protect against and reduce the likelihood or impact of disruptions.
- Prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptions.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
MIPCO management is committed to
- Achieving the purpose of the NCEMA 7000:2021
- Satisfying the needs and expectations of its interested parties
- Meeting in full, the requirements of NCEMA 7000:2021 standard
Key aspects of Business Continuity arrangements at MIPCO include:
- Identifying the context of the organization, all interested parties needs and expectations, and their attitude to the risks and effectively controlling them.
- Ensuring BCM policies and procedures are in place with control of the documentation in compliance with the NCEMA 7000:2021 and reviewing them periodically for adequacy.
- Establishing BCM objectives and targets relevant to the scope of the business and conducting periodic monitoring and review.
- Providing support by ensuring resources such as people, external providers, and other necessary resources are available.
- Ensuring the changes are reviewed and managed to ensure the objectives are met.
- Ensuring adequate planning on BCMS operations by completing business impact analysis, risk assessment, and establishing continuity strategies.
- Identifying relevant disruptions and ensuring the responses are planned with effective exercise and testing strategies.
- Ensuring the necessary competencies, training, and awareness on BCMS matters for all relevant personnel.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of the business continuity management system periodically.
- Ensuring compliance through periodic audits and follow-up on the findings to ensure closure.
- Track all nonconformances identified and effectively close them with corrective actions.
- Ensuring periodic review of the business continuity management system to ensure effective control.